Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 4th Weekend!

We had a wonderful time visiting my family at the lake of the Ozarks. Casey (by best friend) met us up there to see Mr. Kaden. We went enjoyed the 70's Disco Party my grandparents neighbor threw (pictures to follow...so funny), went tubing, swimming, played some farkel and lots of laughs!

This month is flying by already! I can't believe I am turning 26 tomorrow...wow. July has been full of events...promotion parties for Zach and others at work, birthday parties, to include mine this weekend ... a wine tour with the gals in Fredericksburg on Sunday...kid free! (thanks boyz (who are all getting together to watch them all)).

Kaden is now sitting up on his own...for the most part. He is still so full of energy! He is learning more and more every day, and can now even touch parts of your face when you say the word. He is best at nose and mouth (which he thinks is hillarious when you say them.) He loves pears, bananas, rice and oatmeal cereal, and now sweet potatoes...kinda. He has slept through the night for the past week...HOORAH! Mainly because we switched his meal time from morning to evening, worked perfectly!

He has been joining me on my morning jogs. He does great for the most part, but by the last mile, he starts to fuss if he hasn't fallen asleep. Which is quite annoying (and embarassing when other runners are starring at me like I am torchering him or something), but also motivating to get back quicker. He's helped me shave 1min+ off each day!

I'm really starting to get into this whole running thing (thanks Casey!). Mainly because I have been doing it for several weeks now, adding a minute to each set...now I am up to running 11+ min straight (2 sets) for 30+ minutes. I could barely run a minute when I started a few months ago. My main motivation is that I have worked so hard to be able to do this, skipping a run will only throw what I have done this far in the trash. Zach and I plan to enter a 5K (which I will actually RUN) sometime this summer. Wish me luck!

I have finally started on some "craft" projects! Below are some pics...first one is for the entry way, made out of...wait for it....COFFEE FILTERS! I do have some adjustments though, I see some gaps. The second I made for our bedroom to cover the baby monitor. Just used some old vases, and twine/hemp rope. I am quite pleased with how they both turned out!




Well that is all for now, we are getting ready to head out for my birthday dinner with some friends at the MELTING POT...my fav! As usual, enjoy the pics and take care for now!









No comments:

Post a Comment