Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesdays With Kaden {Week One}


I'm fired, I know. I've neglected the family blog....sorry!

Nevertheless, I have an idea to help me keep me posting to the blog, instead of just Facebook (which I know you all have anyways, so you can always find updates there! (;  )

I recently read an article in my favorite photographer's magazine, Lemonade and Lenses. It was by Tonya Poitevint, of Tonya Poitevint Photography, about how she photographs her daughter Ivy every Friday, calling it Friday Ivy. The pictures are unposed and completely natural. Just her little one doing the everyday things she loves.

It got me thinking, as I photograph other's cherished memories, that I need to do more "freezing time" of my own. I never want to forget the little things about our little boy (and children that might soon follow...) So, I am going to photograph it. Record his life, through my art, cherished photographs. 

I chose to call it "Tuesdays With Kaden", as he was born on a Tuesday, and Tuesdays With Morrie, happens to be one of my favorite reads. The images (just one a week) I display will just be of our sweet boy, a look into his life, through mommy's eyes. I hope you come back and visit often, or at least weekly!

First off, I want to brag on how just how incredible our not-so-baby boy is. I know all children are a blessing, but here is why Kaden is to us:

Before the age of 2 Kaden could:

Read
Spell
Recite his ABCs
Sing his ABC's along to my signing it
Count to 20
Work an iPad better than me
Know his shapes
Assemble puzzles meant for 4 year olds
Tell you what letter was on puzzle piece was from the back (these were the random shaped cardboard pieces)
Climb and play on jungle gyms (including the rope ladders and TALL slides)

Not to mention all the other adorable things, like pointing at you and saying "You're Punny! (funny)" or his little dances, or how much he loves to run or be chased or tickled. Or how he is such an explorer, and never forgets to bring his "choo-choos" (ALL 5+ of them) where ever he goes. Or how much he loves to swim.

All these things...I am so honored to be apart of his life, to be his mommy.

So lets get this started with the first week's image!

Our little boy eating breakfast. He's always got to have his "Thomas" (and friends) with him to keep him company!

No comments:

Post a Comment