Blog Archive

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hallo aus Deutschland!



Well, the long awaited blog update is here! We made it to Germany mid-April, so now we have been here just a little over a month! Kaden has finally adjusted, and has done so quite well! As for us, Zach is fitting in just fine, speaking German and being the handsome firefighter he is! Me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it here, but tripping on the hurdle of speaking German. I plan to get started on learning again (outside just walking and listening) soon, just have a few things to take care of. Zach has been my lovely chauffeur since we got here, and I am ready to be more independent! ...and so is he! lol Then I have to concur the American Small Business hurdle, which has turned into a nightmare thanks to Facebook and gossipers...but I finally got the "411" and should be up and running, after I get that German Driver's License.

I hope to teach you all about the German (and European) way, as we learn, by including interesting facts in my blogs.

Let's see, first, when you toast, you say "prost" {bottoms up, cheers, here's to you, to your health} and LOOK the person in the eyes, tap the glass on the table, and drink! Germans love their flowers! Everywhere you look, plants, flowers, they are always gardening. Oh, and recycling...everything but food can be recycled here....I'm loving that! We've got our 4 cans in the kitchen, paper, glass, trash, and everything else!

That's all I can think of for now...but there are lots more! But, need to move on because I have an impatient toddler on my lap.

Now, on to the pictures of our BEAUTIFUL house!

Tah-da!
Looking right, down the street

That is a little convenient store next to our house!
Our driveway....in which Zach hit the side of our car on....
Looking at the entrance
1st room on left {from pic above}....Future office!
1st room on right, dining room
Another angle, looking into the living room 

Living room
...pardon my half naked baby

Looking to the hallway, to my future studio

FUTURE STUDIO!...boxes will be gone on Wednesday....hope to have studio up by Thursday
wrong angle, but looking down to 1st floor
.5 bath {don't know why it is sideways, wouldn't let me fix it}
Looking from 2nd floor to .5 bathroom
Kaden's kick a$$ playroom
huge, spoiled, we know....but with no yard, and long winters...this is our sanity
another angle
Our room next door





Our HUGE bathroom! When I walk in I just wanna sing "I wanna brand new house on an episode of Cribs, and a bathroom I can play baseball in"


our update; shower curtains on a track system...no that's not a ghost...lol
going to the 3rd floor, balcony door

Kickin' views!


...to the 3rd floor
....so tranquil
2nd full bath
Laundry and some kid...lol
Zach's man room/dressing room (Kaden is in every pic, because we don't have a gate on the stairs yet, and I want to be sure I can keep my eyes on him, so I made him go to every room I was photographing
Linen closet
3rd floor landing
Guest room.....now we need some GUESTS!

Kaden's room

Now...back to the 1st floor, and downwards
Looking towards 3rd bath
3rd full bath...
...well kind of....lol
Basement stairs....kinda creepy to go down them, but fine once you are at the bottom
Extra room, storage maybe
Oil room....stinky
Area to store recycling/trash....but the bags you see there are recycling!
Hobby room....and that door back there.....another storage room!
Exit....that is our landlords' house...we park next to her car, at the end of the driveway I showed you earlier
View from 3rd full bath...long hall
Here is a pic to give you a good idea of how big that door is, and how tall the ceilings are...Kaden looks so tiny!

PHEW! Well that is all for tonight....we went on a little adventure walk to the neighboring village right after these photos were taken....got some great pics I can't wait to share!

Until then.....Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...the house looks fantastic!! It's HUGE!

    ReplyDelete