Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kaden Playtime

In the life of a newborn....

Will all the memories Kaden has blessed us with so far...most of our days are filled with projectile spit up, sometimes poop (ask Zach about this one), and tons and tons of diapers! There is no doubt this kid belongs to Zach. We change him, and not 5 minutes later, he has, in some way filled his diaper once again. We literally go through 30+ diapers a day!

Kaden is the baby anyone could ask for. He loves to sleep, except for when it is Zach's shift (midnight) and stays up for 2 hrs, and has just a few "playtimes" where he is awake during the day. I've posted one of these below (thrilling I know, but that's our excitement thus far.) We love the few "coos" that occasionally come out during these times...and even the smiles we get when he is sleeping (from gas, I know, which he also gets from his daddy.) We tried to weigh him today, WT style, getting on the scale, then again with baby to find the difference...and Kaden is weighing in close to 8.5 lbs! He still fits into his newborn clothes, but not for much longer. :( They really do grow so fast. His blond hair is growing in, so he doesn't look like an old man anymore. His eyes are getting bluer every day. Last week we started reading and puppets, and this week we have started tummy time to work on those neck muscles!


As for us parents...we are still sleep deprived. Taking a nap when baby naps...ha yeah right! There is still housework, dogs, and other things that need to get done. Otherwise, we are great! Zach is enjoying life as a firefighter, as usual. And I am absolutely enjoying my Maternity Leave/Stay at home Mommy life! I am planning to stay home until the first or second week of April before returning to work, and it is creeping in fast. I have to go back by mid-month, to get ready for a business trip the last week of April, while Zach and Kaden get to visit his Aunt JJ, Uncle Russell, and darling cousins Marissa and Allie!

Well, that's all for now! I will try to post at least once a week...sometime between those diapers and feedings! haha


2 comments:

  1. oh, i love it!!! great video:) he is so beautiful and the outfit is so cute on him! i cannot wait to get my hands on that little guy:) we love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute video of Kaden. Can't believe how alert he is getting. He is just so adorable! I had to watch the video three times so I could soak him up! Love Mom, Grandma, MeeMaw, Yaya......

    ReplyDelete